celebrity

Celeb in 5: Friday's best entertainment and gossip news.

1.MAFS star Ryan Gallagher was rightly shutdown after posting a harsh comment about Ali Oetjen.

Australia collectively gave a sigh of relief last night as Ali Oetjen found love on our TV screens. For the most part, people were congratulating Ali on her new relationship, but not all were so nice.

Ryan Gallagher, former star on Married at First Sight, has received backlash online after making a nasty comment about Ali Oetjen following her finding love on The Bachelorette finale.

Commenting on an Instagram post shared by the Kyle and Jackie O show, Gallagher said: “Off to celebrate in the stairwell.”

The comment was made in reference to claims made by The Bachelorette star’s ex-boyfriend and immediate under fire, understandably, for it’s unnecessary nature.

People were quick to call out Gallagher for the comment, with the best comment coming from winner of Matty J’s season of The Bachelor, Laura Byrne, writing: “Wow. Such nastiness, just to stay relevant”.

Buuuurrrnn.

Laura’s comment received over 300 likes, and other’s agreed, with another user adding, “What a horrible thing to say. Sad man. Get help ! This comment isn’t funny.”

2.Rebel Wilson’s final appeal regarding her defamation payout has been rejected.

Image: Getty.
ADVERTISEMENT

Rebel Wilson’s ongoing legal battle has come to an end after her bid for her appeal case to be heard in the High Court of Australia was dismissed, as reported by ABC. 

In June this year, Rebel Wilson was forced to pay back $4.1 million in damages, plus 80% of Bauer Media's legal costs following "no basis in the evidence for making any award of damages for economic loss".

In 2017, Rebel Wilson was awarded $4.7 million in compensation following stories that the actress lied about her childhood were published.

Wilson said the stories prevented her from being cast in several films.

3. The slightly awkward reason why Tom Cruise was dropped from a blockbuster movie franchise.

Image: Getty.

The Jack Reacher franchise has a loyal following, and the television series on the way will be a sure fire hit.

Despite Tom Cruise acting as Jack Reacher in two Jack Reacher films, he will no longer star in the series, and the reason is kind of awkward.

He's too... short.

In the novels, Lee Child described Reacher as 195cm tall, and  Cruise is 15cm off the mark.

“Cruise, for all his talent, didn’t have that physicality,” the author told BBC Radio.

“Ultimately, the readers are right... the size of Reacher is really, really important and it’s a big component of who he is," he added.
Tom Cruise was Jack Reacher in the original Jack Reacher in 2012 and the 2016 sequel Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, and erm... it looks like he'll "never go back" to this franchise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. Samantha Armytage has publicly confessed to using her mobile phone while driving.

Samantha Armytage disses the Daily Mail
"You know what? Never done it again." Image: Instagram.
ADVERTISEMENT

Sunrise host Samantha Armytage has confessed that she previously received a fine for using her mobile phone while driving.

While discussing a group of Melbourne undercover police officers who dressed as traffic windscreen washers to catch drivers on their mobile phones, Armytage told viewers that she had been caught breaking the mobile phone law as well.

"Look, I have a confession, I've been done like this," the 42-year-old said on Sunrise earlier this week.

"Not by a window washer undercover police person but it was a police sting. (It was) a covert operation, where they were looking down from an overpass and then pulling you over further down the street.

"And they caught me, I was done. And you know what? Never done it again. I now hide my phone on the back seat so it's not a temptation.

"It works. Sometimes they've got to ping you for you to learn your lesson that driving and using your phone is illegal," she concluded.

This week, there has been an outcry about invasion of privacy after 38 Melbourne drivers were fined for using their mobile phones while driving. The 38 people arrested were caught by undercover police posing as windscreen washers at traffic lights.

5. How Ali feels about viewers' thoughts that she should've ended up with Todd.

When 26-year-old Todd King was rejected last night on national television, only to be left to mourn, alone, in the Australian outback, surrounded by the constant threat of crocodiles, the collective reaction of The Bachelorette audience was something like this:

Oh no darling.
ADVERTISEMENT

It was very sad, and we found ourselves having déjà vu of the moment Georgia Love rejected Matty J and he doubled over in pain.

Of course, just as the producers planned, thousands of voices expressed their firm belief that ALI SHOULD HAVE CHOSEN TODD.

But speaking to Mamamia on Friday morning, Ali said she watched the finale with Taite, and had no idea there was such a backlash to her decision on social media.

Ultimately, however, she said people's comments don't bother her. "I've got the guy of my dreams sitting right next to me," she said.

"He's my Mr Right and I know that and no one else was with me in the experience or knows us like we know in our relationship. I'm fine with that."

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by ????????Taite Radley???? (@taiteadamradley) on

When asked whether she had spoken to Todd since that final decision, Ali simply replied: "No."

The 32-year-old also weighed in on the theory that he had been planning to propose. "I think that he was ready and everything like that, but at the same time, he wanted to be in the police force," she said. "So I have no idea."

You can read the full story right here.

00:00 / ???