If you struggle to motivate yourself to workout, you’re in good company.
I’ve previously written about how much I struggled to workout before finding some non-gym ways to exercise and enjoy myself, and I’m still always looking for advice and tips to make my ‘workouts’ even better. So I asked Mamamia’s You Beauty Facebook group for some ideas on fun ways to exercise, and they did not disappoint.
Listen to Mamamia Out Loud, Mamamia’s podcast with what women are talking about this week. Post continues below.
Here are 20 easy, manageable – and most importantly – fun
exercise activity ideas that will also be great for your health.
1. “Pole Dancing, been doing it for 7 years. All my other gym/exercise routines have come and gone, but I’ve stuck with pole for the long haul. I have one in my house.” – Ashley
2. “Laser tag or paintball! I did indoor laser tag and was probably sweating more than at the gym.” – Soph
3. “Kayaking is the best. I also go bouldering which is indoor rock climbing without the harness it’s so much fun.” – Lauren T
3. “Bathroom exercises while my daughter is having a bath. Mini push-ups with my hands on the sink, squats/wall squats and cleaning at the same time, stretches, etc. If your kid is having a shower, keep the fan off and then the steam makes it feel like you are in a hot yoga class.” – Adele
4. “Reformer Pilates – while it may be actual exercise, you are laying down most of the time… so afterwards I don’t feel like I did much but the next day I know I did!” – Emma W
5. “Stretch session in front of the TV for half an hour. People seem to neglect flexibility but it’s so easy to do anywhere.” – Bethany
6. “Playing hockey (or any team sport really!) because you’re too focussed on the game/drills to even think about the fact that it’s exercise. Have played since I was four years old, I can’t live without it… so good for your mental, physical health and social life!” – Emma H
7. “Bicycle commuting – you can go as slow as you like (or use an e-bike) and it’s time you’d normally waste on public transport/driving so has no real impact on your schedule. Ride to work and never go to the gym again!” – Jasmine
Watch: The Mamamia team share the most embarrassing moments they’ve had at the gym. Post continues after video.