The recipe is stupidly simple and all you need is six mince pies and a packet of cake mix. You then pretty much bake the mince pies with cake and in under an hour you’ve got a super impressive, festive dessert for less than $20.
It’s also a great way to use up any left over, or discounted, mince pies after Christmas, so you can savour the glorious and delicious pastry past December 25th.
Here’s how to make one for yourself.
· 6 Woolworths Fruit Mince Pies
· 1 Packet Woolworths Vanilla Cake With Tray Kit
· 2 Eggs
· 1/4 cup Soft Butter
· 3/4 cups Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Grease a 22cm Springform pan well with butter or canola spray.
3. Make up the Vanilla Cake Mix from the Woolworths Vanilla Cake with Tray Kit (you can ditch the icing, tray and Rainbow Sprinkles) according to the instructions on the back of the packet.
4. Once the batter is ready, pour enough cake batter on the bottom of the Springform Pan to cover the bottom (about 1/3 of the mix).
5. Carefully remove the Woolworths Fruit Mince Pies from the packet. Space them evenly around the outside of the cake pan (but not touching the sides) and one in the middle.