I’m a tinted moisturiser kind of woman through and through.
Honestly, I couldn’t tell you much about foundation. But want to know about tinted moisturisers? I’m your lady.
Growing up with a face jam packed with freckles, applying a full face of foundation never felt like me. A tinted moisturiser makes me feel done up enough to go about my day, but that I still look like me in the mirror.
The main problem I’ve encountered on my search the find ‘the one’ is that a lot of tinted moisturisers have a sliding scale of sun protection versus coverage. The one I currently use has a great amount of coverage, but no sun protection. Others can be SPF 50, but will slide off my face after my morning commute.
SPF products are notoriously so tricky to get right, especially in Australia where the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has strict guidelines regarding what products can advertise themselves as sun protection.
This week, I was sent Zoe Foster Blake’s newly released Go-To Zincredible SPF 15 Tinted, $45 to try. Go-To even sent a peach coloured coffee van full of free samples around Sydney to launch their new baby into the world. Me and my face were very excited.
What is Go-To Zincredible SPF 15 Tinted? Let’s break it down:
- Go-To Zincredible SPF 15 Tinted is daily moisturiser with antioxidants, physical SPF 15 protection and a sheer glow.
- It’s a zinc oxide broad spectrum physical sunscreen with no chemical UV filters, silicones, sulfates, parabens, or synthetics.
- Unlike a chemical sunscreen which destroys the sun’s rays using chemicals within the skin, physical sunscreens like Zincredible bounce the rays off your skin and back into the environment. (More on chemical vs physical sunscreens here.)
- Has a strong-ish lemony scent, doesn’t smell ‘sunscreeny’ but still has a fragrance to it.
- The product has exactly the same formula as Go-To’s original Zincredible, except for the addition of mineral powders to add the glowy tint.
- Go-To Zincredible SPF 15 Tinted is available in one universal tint.