1. This iconic Australian fashion designer gave birth to a healthy baby boy on Monday. 47-year-old Collette Dinnigan, her husband Bradley Cocks and seven-year-old daughter Estella welcomed Hunter Desmond David Dinnigan Cocks.
Friends of the couple told Fairfax the baby was ‘‘healthy’’ and ‘‘so gorgeous”: ‘‘There was no drama, it was a natural birth and very quick and everyone is over the moon.’’
When Collette announced her pregnancy in June, she noted that her pregnancy should not necessarily be used as a benchmark for other women looking to get pregnant later in life:
“It’s no secret we wanted to (have a baby), we got married last year so we’re very happy it’s happened,” said Dinnigan.
“But it’s one of those things for women. I think you should never wait too late in life, but we consider ourselves really fortunate.
“I think people see so many Hollywood stars out there having babies in their 40s. It’s a message that I think women need to understand it’s very difficult to have a baby in your 40s.”
Flick through our gallery of other celebrities who have recently welcomed babies:
2. Sienna Miller has taken her clothes off for a pregnancy portrait, painted just weeks before she gave birth to her daughter Marlowe. The portrait was painted by acclaimed artist Jonathan Yeo, and is now due to be exhibited in (I’ve Got You) Under My Skin at the Circle Culture Gallery in Berlin.
Sienna isn’t not the first celebrity to go nude with a pregnant belly. We’ve got a whole gallery of celebrities who have posed naked for portraits, photographs and magazine covers through the years – from the classic Demi Moore to the more recent (and more real) Jemima Kirke.
Take a look:
3. Kirstie Alley is one celebrity who is, quite simply, full of surprises. The 61-year-old has just confessed that she and the late Patrick Swayze had an “emotional affair” while they were both married to other people.
In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Kirstie said that her chemistry with Patrick – who she met on the set of 1985 mini-series North and South – was “intense and unforgettable”.
And while they didn’t *technically* have an affair, Kirstie reckons that what they had was even worse. “Because I think when you fall in love with someone when you’re married, you jeopardise your own marriage and their marriage. It’s doubly bad,” she said.
Read more about the whole “affair” here.
4. Is your head a bit sore after yesterday’s Melbourne Cup celebrations? Did you pick a winner or did you just lose all your cash – and quite possibly your shoes – after a big day at the races? We’re already sad that the excitement and the frocks are over for another year but we’ve made some late night additions to our bumper Melbourne Cup fashion gallery right here – that will have to sustain us for now.
In other fluff news:
– Are you following the US election coverage today? You’re in good company – Jay Z, Leo DiCaprio, George Clooney and Tom Hanks are all following it very closely as well. And Beyonce has even penned a hand-written letter to Obama himself – read it here.
– Scarlett Johansson has had to recreate the infamous shower scene from Psycho for a new movie – read more about that (and see pics) here.
– Who is going to be crowned with the title of Sexiest Man Alive this year? PEOPLE is yet to announce their choice, but we’re pretty sure it’s going to be this good-looking gentleman…