US track star Lolo Jones says maintaining her virignity – she’s 29 – is harder than training for the Olympics. She says some guys have told her ‘if you have sex, you’ll run faster’.
“This journey has been hard,” said Jones. “It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, harder than training for the Olympics. Harder than studying for college has been staying a virgin before marriage.”
While she says saving herself for marriage is definitely something she is committed to, she maintains she is not a prude, having posed nude for ESPN’s Body Issue in 2009.
How long did you wait?
Here’s what else is on our radar today:
1. Australian mining magnate Gina Rinehart is now the richest woman in the world with an estimated fortune of $29.17 billion. The figure comes with the release of the annual BRW Magazine Rich List which estimated Rinehart was making $50 million. Per day.
2. The FBI is investigating the founder of a ‘revenge porn’ website, Hunter Moore, reportedly on suspicions he hacked computers to retrieve x-rated pictures to post on the website. The website ran lewd images of people sent in my those who wanted revenge and Mr Moore ran them without apology until he relented and sold the site to an anti-bullying group.
3. Marvel Comics has drawn the first ever gay wedding in comic book history … it was between superhero Northstar (who came out as gay in 1992) and his partner Kyle.
4. Renowned campaigner for children, and former children’s court magistrate, Barbara Holborow has passed away after a long battle with illness. Barbara helped set up free legal aide for children and a special jail for first time offenders. She was 81.
5. The four sisters involved in an international custody dispute between their mother and father, and whom were on the run and in hiding until this week, may be granted leave to tell the High Court of Australia where they want to live. Here’s the initial story.
PS: While remaining completely impartial, tonight is State of Origin Game 1. Go Queensland…