First things first: don’t rape people.
She posted the list to Twitter along with the caption: “These are great – send to all men in ur life.”
— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) March 21, 2015
The ‘Ten Rape Prevention Tips’ list reads:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is not to rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the buddy system! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When you are asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign you do not plan to rape her.
Sadly, but unsurprisingly, some men just didn’t really get it…
— Jamal (@Blazedtaflete) March 21, 2015