Mia Freedman told very few people about the VVVIP guest she asked to launch her book, Work Strife Balance.
But at 10:13am this morning, two minutes ahead of schedule, Prime Minister Malcolm
Trumble Turnbull walked humbly out of the little red lift, and into the Mamamia office.
Awaiting him was a sea of Mamamia staff members, their families and a particularly keen barista who was onsite for the day.
Here’s what went down…
- Everyone stopped doing any work (obviously).
- Company revenue declined sharply.
- Staff members rocked up to the office with their mums (and some, their dads).
- There was a coffee cart.
- Mia Freedman nearly weed herself.
- Mia found a fidget spinner. Settled nerves. Greeted PM whilst playing with it.
- The PM was greeted as he entered by two eight-year-old boys - who had the morning off school, obviously - in their school uniforms.
- The PM posed for photos with approximately 17, 000 combinations of different people, shook everyone's hand, and remembered their names.
- Small child fell asleep mid-photo with the PM. While standing up.
- Someone's child (unidentified) yanked all internet cords from the company computers. Almost caused site crash.
- Peter Fitzsimons had his red bandana on.
- PM Turnbull asked if there was any black tea so we made him some black tea.
- A four-year-old girl tried to put a rubber spider on the Prime Minister's seat.
- Doughnut Time and Sparkle Cupcakery provided edible goods.
- A staff member's Mum took an unsolicited photograph of Leigh Sales and uploaded it to Facebook.
- Impressed Cold Pressed Juices provided juices of the green (hipster) and orange varieties. An eight-year-old boy - one of the eight-year-old boys who greeted the PM - drank many orange juices. Many.
- Caroline Overington gave the Prime Minister a gentle roasting (teased... she teased him) during her opening speech. He took it well.
- PM Malcolm Turnbull made a speech about Mia and her book and women everywhere. It was brilliant.
- Aforementioned eight-year-old boy threw up orange juice and doughnut in the CEO's office because he "laughed and then coughed".
- Mia made a speech about how 'balance is bullsh*t' and thanked her parents and sons and daughter and husband and friends and staff members - all of whom supported her while she wrote Work Strife Balance, and all of whom were in the room cheering her on.
- Lisa Wilkinson came straight from her special 10-year-anniversary edition of Today only to arrive as speeches finished.
- Malcolm Turnbull took a selfie with Mia. Bought two copies of Work Strife Balance for his wife and daughter with cash. Asked Mia to sign them.
- The barista took a selfie with Malcolm Turnbull.
Have you read Mia's latest book? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below, or on social media with the hashtag #workstrifebalance