Fact: meal prepping is a guaranteed way to eat healthier and save money. Also fact: meal prepping gets really boring, really fast.
To help you out, we asked meal prepping Instagram guru Katie Lolas to share seven of her tastiest lunch recipes you’ll actually look forward to eating. Enjoy!
View this post on Instagram
This quick and wholesome recipe uses four main ingredients including ravioli, passata sauce, spinach, and parmesan. The sauce is rich and nourishing and this recipe makes an excellent prep or dinner option. It’s also perfect for a family and freezes well if double batching is your jam!
Prep time: 30 minutes.
- 1 bag (630g) of fresh ravioli (I used spinach and cheese)
- 1 700g bottle of passata sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 60g shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC and grease baking dish. Cook Ravioli according to packet instructions, strain once done and set aside.
2. Sauté baby spinach leaves in splash of olive oil, then set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl add the passata sauce, tomato paste, crushed garlic, 3 tbsp mixed herbs and mix together until well combined. Spread 1/3 of the sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
4. Arrange the ravioli in a single layer over the sauce. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and the sautéed spinach. Repeat the layers starting with what’s left of the ravioli. Finish by topping with the remainder of the sauce and parmesan and the final tbsp of mixed herbs. Sprinkle salt and pepper in between the layers, to taste.