Nothing is more annoying than bad grammar. Oh wait, yes, there is – that person in who corrects your grammar. We all have one. If you don’t have one, you’re it.
Grammar is one of those things we all think we’re pretty good at until we realise we’re not.
Watch Robin William’s monologue on grammar from ‘Dead Poets Society’ below. Post continues after video.
So how good is your grammar? Take this test and find out.
My boss Annie, who sent me this article, informed me she received Wizard status. I only got Master. Not planning to tell her that. It will be our little secret.
Here we go…
1. I work hard out there to earn a __________ living.
2. I __________ your thoughtful gift.
3. I get mad when they put way __________ little avocado in my burrito.
4. Downed power lines can __________ customers.
5. The __________ on Foreign relations had a meeting this week.
6. The __________ shower is tonight.
7. Some people are __________ citizens.
8. The U.S. __________ building is in Washington DC.
9. __________ Marketing is often an effective marketing strategy.
10. My friend has a __________ for Maths.