We asked healthy food blogger and nutritionist Lane Wiederstein to share her favourite sweet treats that any rookie baker can tackle this weekend. Aprons at the ready…
Five refreshing fruit-infused water recipes to go with your sweet treats. Post continues below.
My Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies hit the nail on the head when it comes to a healthy treat. They are refined sugar free, giving you all the comfort without the guilt. I love this recipe as NO hand mixer is required, just one bowl and a spoon… less mess equals a happy baker!
Serves: Makes 12 cookies.
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla, egg and choc chips.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture and flatten into 12 cookies on the tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Over ripe bananas means one thing... Banana Bread! This recipe has a harmonious balance of flavour, with tartness from the raspberries and creaminess from the banana. I love a slice of this wholesome, antioxidant rich Banana Bread with a cup of tea for an afternoon snack.