As a traveler, we’ve probably all been there.
Perhaps the hotel didn’t *quite* meet up to expectations or the destination our travel agent advised was a “must see” turned out to be a massive “must avoid”.
But would you complain about these things? Because we’re wondering if maybe – just maybe – these travelers should have stayed at home.
1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
2. "It should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like Custard Creams or Ginger nuts."
3. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."
4. "Your advertisement said this would have a 'homey feel' when in fact it was nothing like my actual home"
5. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
6. 'It made me feel inadequate" - from a tourist at an African game lodge who spotted a visibly aroused elephant and complained the sight ruined his honeymoon.
7. "The beach was too sandy."
8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure.Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
9. “You said the town was next to a volcano, but we went and there was no lava. I’m pretty sure it was just a mountain.”
10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
11. "We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for five Euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."
12. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."