As a traveler, we’ve probably all been there.
Perhaps the hotel didn’t *quite* meet up to expectations or the destination our travel agent advised was a “must see” turned out to be a massive “must avoid”.
But would you complain about these things? Because we’re wondering if maybe – just maybe – these travelers should have stayed at home.
1. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."
2. "It should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like Custard Creams or Ginger nuts."
3. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time - this should be banned."
4. "Your advertisement said this would have a 'homey feel' when in fact it was nothing like my actual home"
5. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels."
6. 'It made me feel inadequate" - from a tourist at an African game lodge who spotted a visibly aroused elephant and complained the sight ruined his honeymoon.
7. "The beach was too sandy."
8. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure.Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white."
9. “You said the town was next to a volcano, but we went and there was no lava. I’m pretty sure it was just a mountain.”
10. "Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women."
11. "We bought Ray-Ban sunglasses for five Euros from a street trader, only to find out they were fake."
12. "No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."
13. One traveler asked to move rooms as he insisted there was a strange buzzing coming from the air conditioner. After moving rooms, the noise was discovered to be an electric toothbrush in his suitcase.
14. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends' three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller..."
15. "“My husband got carsick on the boat”
16. “There was no sign telling you that you shouldn’t get on the hot air balloon ride if you’re afraid of heights.”
17. "We had to queue outside with no air conditioning."
18. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
19. "I was bitten by a mosquito, no-one said they could bite."
20. "This weather is beyond miserable. You need to stop the rain".
21. "My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."
22. "The street signs weren't in English. I don’t understand how anyone can get around.”
23. "The soup was too thick." He was eating gravy.
24. "Your seats were too comfortable. I wanted to stay awake for the entire flight and instead, I couldn't help but sleep." A complaint to Emirates Airlines.
25. "Why are there no kangaroos hopping around Sydney city? I'm most disappointed."
Sorry to disappoint guys, but I've lived in Australia for 40 years and I've not seen ONE kangaroo roaming our streets. We really need to work on our tourism campaigns, don't we?
Have you ever made a complaint about an issue you've encountered while travelling? Or have you ever heard of any more ludicrous as these?
Like to read about the absurd? You might love these too: