I go to yoga twice a week. I ride my bike to work. I was feeling pretty damn fit and content with my fitness regimen.
The former The Bachelor star has recently launched his 28:28 fitness program, which involves 28 days of 28-minute workouts. That sounded pretty doable to me.
I arrived at Sam’s gym, The Woodshed, in my yoga pants and stylish cotton tee, sans towel or even water, ready for a stretch and maybe a little light jog around the room. Within minutes I realised what I was in for… and I had a feeling of overwhelming regret for not bringing that towel I left in my car.
Any of us would be forgiven for thinking the fitness routine we stick to each and every week is working all of our muscles properly. But as I learned the hard way, this is a horrible, horrible lie I had been telling myself for far too long.
Here are the 28 thoughts that went though my head during 28 minutes of
torture working out with Sam Wood.
Watch Lizzie’s pre-workout chat with Sam Wood. (Post continues after video.)
1. “This warm up is surprisingly… erm … wow, little out of breath here. It’s okay. It’s fine! Maybe it’s just my muscles stretching out after sitting down all day.”
2. “Nope. Not stretching out.”
3. “Onto activities now. Luckily legs are my strong point.”
4. “Aaaand it’s all arms work. Brilliant.”
5. “I really wish I’d brought that towel now.”
6. “Surely we’re at least halfway through now? Surely…?”
7. “I wonder… if I just put this mini weight down right here while Sam isn’t looking. Can I trick him into thinking I’ve finished the reps?”