Posting to the Vizsla Dog Lovers Facebook group, the woman shared that her 14-month-old dog swallowed rope from a ball toy, and died after surgery failed to revive her.
She hoped to raise awareness about the danger of some dog toys, sharing that they removed almost a metre of rope from her dog’s intestines.
“I purchased several rope toy balls for my dogs at Home Goods. They looked extremely sturdy and impossible to destroy. However I found them in pieces the same day. I quickly threw them away hoping none of the dogs swallowed the pieces,” she began the post.
"Unfortunately one of our dogs was not so lucky. The ball unravelled and tore several holes in her intestines as she tried to pass it. They removed 3 feet of rope that was entangled in her intestines. They also removed 14 inches of perforated intestines. The damage from the rope was so extensive that she passed away two days later," she added.