This episode of True Crime Conversations is part of our 2019/2020 Holiday series. We've handpicked episodes from throughout the year that we though deserved another listen
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander listeners should be advised that this episode contains the naming of deceased people, and the recounting of the circumstances leading to their deaths.
Colleen Walker, Evelyn Greenup and Clinton Speedy-Duroux. These are the names of three children from the town of Bowraville who were murdered over five months across 1990 and 1991. There has only ever been one suspect in their murders but to this day they’ve never stood trial for those crimes. Author Dan Box covered the case and he joins us to explore what could have happened to these three kids. And why Australia still doesn’t care enough about the lives of these Indigenous children to bring justice to the families and the Bowraville community.
GUEST: Dan Box
HOST: Jessie Stephens
PRODUCER: Elise Cooper
- ‘Bowraville’ by Dan Box - https://bit.ly/2LczKCK
- ABC News ‘Unsolved Bowraville Murders to be Reconsidered’ - https://bit.ly/2XDgPaM
- NITV ‘Justice, Just Us’ Bowraville Special Forum https://bit.ly/2Xzc8i0
- NSW Aboriginal Land Rights Council Bowraville protest https://bit.ly/2G4VbBj
- NITV News ‘Failed By The System: The Bowraville Children’s Murders’ https://bit.ly/2SeSfHr
GET IN TOUCH:
Call the PodPhone on 02 8999 9386.
Email the show at [email protected]amamia.com.au