Friendship can be a fraught topic for lots of mums, with feelings of conflict and confusion about how to form new connections and keep old friends close if your lives are now very different.
In this episode, Laura Jackal tells us how she felt she couldn’t be herself in her mothers’ group, while Emilyeen Filradi reveals her biggest regrets when it comes to friendships and Melanie Dimmitt shares who her true support network was when her son was diagnosed with a disability.
Me After You was made in partnership with Huggies: Be Comfortable In Your Skin.
Take our Me After You Feedback Survey for your chance to win a $50 voucher and be loved forever by us. Here's a link to the survey: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5419259/4a5ebc6da5f8
Host: Laura Byrne @ladyandacat
Executive Producer: Elise Cooper @elisejcooper
Producer and Editor: Lama Zakharia
Head of Audio: Bridget Northeast
Thanks to all the mums who featured in this episode, for sharing their stories to make all mums feel like they’re not alone
- Veronica Milsom- @veronicamilsom
- Laura Jackel- @nareldajacobs
- Narelda Jacobs
- Melanie Dimmitt- book Special: Antidotes to Obsessions That Come With A Child’s Disability https://bit.ly/melaniedimmittbook
- Emilyeen Filardi
- Evie Farrell- @mumpacktravel, book Backyard To Backpack https://bit.ly/eviefarrellbook
- Truan Terrance
- Brittany Noonan- @bybrittanynoonan
See omnystudio.com/policies/listener for privacy information.