Three words I am pretty happy to hear when describing a cake.
And the fact that it literally takes three minutes to make (and then about 25 to bake) makes it even MORE desirable!
Okay, so loads of variations of this recipe have popped up across the net over the past year or so and I have been watching them all (and testing them all) with a keen eye (and mouth!)
The best thing about this version is that the texture is perfect. ABSOLUTELY perfect. You get the crispy top and the fudgey centre. Something else that I like is that it all happens in the one bowl, no separating eggs and whipping whites, no mixer, no electric beaters. Just one bowl and one spoon.
I KNOW this is a winner and I look forward to hearing from all of you after you make it – make sure to send me pictures too!
To make a 20cm square cake:
- 1 and 3/4 cups Nutella (you will need to save 1/2 cup Nutella to use as icing)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 175 deg. cel.
- Place 1 and 1/4 cups of the Nutella, the eggs and the flour in a bowl and whisk together with a fork until combined. Note: the remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella is to be used as icing.
- Transfer to your baking paper lined tin (as per snaps below) and pop into oven for approx 25-28 mins. Test with a wooden skewer and remove from oven when skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool (you want it just warm) and then add the 1/2 cup Nutella to the top of the cake as icing.
ENJOY! Stores for up to a week in tupperware out of the fridge.
Tap on the gallery below to see a play-by-play of this cake in action…