1. Woman and three children killed at Lockhart
A woman aged 41 and three children have been found dead at their rural property near Wagga in NSW.
Kim Hunt, her son, aged 10 ,and her two daughters aged 6 and 8 were found dead, the victims of gun shot wounds.
Geoff Hunt, their father, was said to be missing by police and there are grave concerns for his welfare.
A suicide note was reportedly found at the property.
A strikeforce has been set up and this morning a dam on the property will be searched for the missing man.
2. Apple launch
Apple has launched three new products overnight: The iPhone6, the iPhone6 Plus and Apple Watch a new smartwatch with a digital crown.
To a large crowd Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed the new products.
For more on them, see this post.
3. Duchess wants three children before 35
The Duchess of Cambridge wants three children before she’s 35, according to The Telegraph in the UK.
The 32-year-old Duchess came from a family with three siblings and wants to emulate the childhood she had.
The Telegraph reports The Duchess has told friends she would like “at least” three children.
According to the report, Prince George’s brother or sister is likely to be born in April or May — meaning there will be almost exactly the same age gap as there is between the Duchess her sister Pippa Middleton.
4. Michael Schumacher out of hospital
Michael Schumacher has left the Lausanne Hospital to go home, according to a family statement.
The former F1 champion had been discharged from the intensive care ward of a hospital in Grenoble in June after suffering series head injuries in a skiing accident in December last year. In the latest statement, his family said there is still a “long and difficult road ahead,” reports News Limited.
“Henceforth, Michael’s rehabilitation will take place at his home. Considering the severe injuries he suffered, progress has been made in the past weeks and months,” said the brief statement issued by manager Sabine Kehm.
5. Would you pay to have your child’s party in a park?
Brisbane City Council is considering new rules that may see parents fined up to $5692 if they hold a large birthday party in a park without a permit.
The proposal, which will go to public consultation on Friday, would see anyone holding a gathering of 50 or more people having to pay $300 and give 20 days notice to apply for a permit.
The Parks, Environment and Sustainability boss, Cr Matthew Bourke, said it would only be larger events that would trigger the permit which might cause damage to the park or which have large games or jumping castles.