Mother and daughter die after mishap leaves them trapped inside a sauna.

mother daughter die in sauna

A mother and her daughter have died after becoming trapped inside a friend’s sauna for over 90 minutes.

According to British newspaper The Sun, the pair, aged 65 and 45, were relaxing in the sauna at a friend’s garden colony in Jicin, northern Czech Republic, when the accident occurred.

It’s believed the handle of the steam room’s only door somehow snapped off, leaving them stranded inside.

Local authorities said the women attempted to break a small window in an attempt to escape, but were unable to penetrate the glass and perished inside.

It was their friend who made the tragic discovery.

“The owner thought they were taking too long to come out so she went to check and found them lying on the floor,” a police spokesperson said, according to The Sun.

Paramedics were called, but both women were pronounced dead at the scene.

Advertisement

Post-mortem examinations are currently being carried out.

Most saunas are operated at 80-85 degrees, with users generally ‘bathing’ for around 5-10 minutes.

FROM OUR NETWORK
JOIN THE CONVERSATION