I love a slice. Who doesn’t? Seriously.
Especially when they are typically no-bake, they’re SO easy to bang together and they always taste so damn delicious.
Longtime PHOODIE readers would be familiar with my slices.
Let me jog your memory…
Well, CLEARLY Maltesers had to be next. And the first thought I had after thinking I had to make one was of a Maltesers slice I had seen previously on the gorgeous Bake. Play. Smile blog. I loved the idea of the balls being placed into a bed of melted chocolate. I loved the idea of the crunchy Rice Bubble base and of course, I loved how easy it was to make! I have therefore based my recipe on this.
That said, I have added extra Maltesers into my base mix, because I am a greedy guts, I have used Dark Chocolate instead of white chocolate as a topping, I have doubled the amount of Rice Bubbles, for extra crunch, I have added Milo as an ingredient because WHY NOT!? AND I have also crushed Maltesers over the whole thing too!
I hope you make and enjoy this special treat!
- 125g butter
- 395g tin condensed milk
- 4 heaped tablespoons Milo
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- 2 cups Maltesers – 1 cup goes into the base mix and the other cup is for the topping (reserve 16 for topping and crush the rest)
- 300g dark chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil (or copha) melted – optional, you can just melt the chocolate alone if you like.
- Line a 20 x 20cm cake tin with non-stick baking paper
- Over a medium heat, melt together the butter, condensed milk and 2 of the heaped tablespoons of Milo – stir continuously and remove from heat once combined.
- Place Rice Bubbles, additional 2 heaped tablespoons of Milo and 1 cup of Maltesers into a large bowl and gently mix together.
- Pour condensed milk mixture over Rice Bubbles mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to baking paper lined tin and flatter the top with a spatula. Place in fridge.
- Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil together in microwave in 10 second bursts until combined. Stir in between each 10 seconds. This should take a total of about 30 seconds.
- Reserve 16 Maltesers from your remaining cup and then roughly chop / blitz the rest.
- Pour melted chocolate / coconut oil mixture over the top of the Rice Bubble base and place 16 maltesers on top evenly as shown in the photos below. Scatter the remaining crushed Maltesers on top of the base.
- Refridgerate to set (about an hour) – remove 10 minutes before serving to slice easily. Make sure to use a sharp chefs knife.
To see the full play-by-play, check out the gallery below: