I’m so tired of everyone telling you that your life is over once you have a kid. Really, it’s just begun. I mean, for me, having a kid was an introduction to all of those things in life I was missing out on. Like “The Wonder Pets” and the deep and sudden desire to kill talking squirrels. So many wonderful fulfilling things. I made a list of them right here and if you ever doubt for one second that having a kid is anything other than sunshine, rainbows, and babies tooting glitter, then think again. Think again, my friends.
When you have a kid….
1. You always have someone to pull down your shirt and yell, “BRA!” in the check out aisle of Target.
2. You learn quickly, that everything you are doing is wrong. WRONG. So put the biscuit down and back away slowly and no one gets hurt. Unless, your kid is a toddler, then everyone gets hurt. Always. Keep the biscuit for yourself and run.
3. You can experience the joy of having Cheerios fall out of places that Republicans don’t believe exist. And no, it’s no spelled L-y-b-i-a.
4. Say words like, “Here are some delicious hot cinnamon apples” and then get rewarded with a punch in the face.
5. You learn just how hard it is to get a sticker out of your hair.
6. You can experience the joys of falling to sleep by counting the ways you are going to commit Elmocide. Drowning him in melted crayons. Knives. Suffocating him with that stupid “Shady” that never rolls up.