Ever wondered what a stay at home Mum does all day? Here’s what the job description would look like if parenting were a ‘real’ job…
WANTED – THE PERFECT STAY AT HOME MOTHER
Job Title: Mother
Branch: Stay at Home
Section: Mainly kitchen and laundry, secondment to playground available upon request
Hours of work: 6.00am – 7.30pm daily, no meal breaks. Required to be on call 7.30pm – 6.00am.
Education and training provided
Provide and maintain an environment conducive to optimal child development including:
- Physical and emotional affection (without causing undue dependence)
- Discipline (without causing physical or psychological harm)
- Intellectual stimulation (without making the child feel inadequate)
Ensure the child receives all the proper vitamins and minerals as per the appropriate guidelines including:
- Preparing and serving nutritious meals and snacks at least 5 times per day
- Enticing the child to consume the nutritious meals and snacks (without resorting to violence or undue psychological pressure)
- Preventing the child from consuming inappropriate foods such as sugar, processed food and excessive saturated fats
- Ensuring the child receives natural vitamin D from the sunshine (but do not allow outside without sunscreen, hat and sunglasses).
Ensure the child is, at all times, clean and healthy:
- Dress the child in clean clothes each day. Change when dirty.
- Wash the child each day (without resorting to violence or undue psychological pressure)
- Spot clean the child after each meal, snack, outdoor activity or messy indoor activity
- Monitor the child’s health
- Take the child to regular medical check-ups and immunisation appointments
- Seek medical advice if the child appears unhealthy
- Nurse the child and administer appropriate medication (without resorting to violence or undue psychological pressure) if the child becomes sick – note excessive overtime will also be required if this occurs. Time Off in Lieu (TOIL) will NOT be available.