Yes, they live in the lap of luxury, but you would be surprised at how much your favourite royals are worth.
When you think of royalty, you think of wealth, fame, duty and power. And while most royal families are simply figure heads of the country (they no longer get to chop anyone’s head off), their wealth doesn’t always equal their fame.
These are the Top 5 Richest Royal in the world:
- Bhumibol Adulyadej, King of Thailand — $US30 billion
- Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei — $US20 billion
- Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, King of Saudi Arabia — $US18 billion
- Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan, Emir of Abu Dhabi (President of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of Abu Dhabi) — $US15 billion
- Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, Emir Sheikh of Dubai (Prime Minister and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates) — $US4 billion
So, we decided to find out how much our more favourite royals are worth.
CLICK THROUGH the gallery to see the reported wealth status of these royals.