Carla GS created these heat-free curls using DIY rag curlers. (Source: Supplied.)
So, how to achieve the gorgeous curls that you should have been born with? There’s always hot rollers and heat stylers, but allow me to make a case for heat-free curls.
Watch me concoct curls from my ruler-straight hair. Don’t be scared off by that weird face I’m making below. I promise I’m friendly. (Post continues after video.)
Here is why it is worthwhile learning the old-fashioned art of rag curls…
- You don’t need to buy an expensive heat-styling kit.
- Because it’s heat-free, you won’t damage your hair.
- It’s easier than using a hair straightener to create curls.
- You can’t burn yourself.
- It’s not just heat-free, it’s also free-free, because all you need is an old t-shirt and some hair styling product.
- The curls will last for SO long.
- When the rags are in your hair, you will look SO SEXY.
Okay, that last point was a lie, but are you sold yet?
And if my video couldn't convince you to try this heat-free curling technique, surely this still from Orange is the New Black will do the trick. If it's good enough for that crazy romantic Morello, it's good enough for you.