…to 41 year old Michelle Dugger who is pregnant with her 18th child. I saw a documentary about this family on the Discovery channel a couple of years and kids ago. Back then, I think the Duggers had 15 children and were having their 16th.
Some things you might want to know about the family:
- There are currently 7 girls and 10 boys. Two sets of twins.
- They’re from Arkansas and are fundamentalist somethings – Christians? Methodists? I can’t remember but you can visit their website here. This will come in handy if you become as obsessed with them as I have been since I saw that documentary. Although it’s hard to actually get any information from the website that’s not about “our lord saviour Jesus Christ”.
- MIchelle has the worst mullet I have ever seen on a human.
- The children and parents are all dressed like Amish people although they’re not actually Amish. Close.
- Michelle’s husband is called Jim Bob and – perhaps in tribute to him – all their children’s names begin with J: Josh, 20; Jana, 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 16; Jessa, 15; Jinger,
14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 11; Joy-Anna, 10; Jeremiah, 9; Jedidiah, 9;
Jason, 7; James, 6; Justin, 5; Jackson, 3; Johannah, 2; and Jennifer,
- All the kids are home-schooled.
- Michelle’s been pregnant for 135 months of her life.
- Average number of months between Duggar births is 18.
- Estimated number of Duggar diapers to date is 90,000.
- The Duggars do approximately 200 loads of laundry each month.
- The Duggars feed their entire brood for less than $2,000 per month.
- Every Duggar child learns to play both violin and piano.
- The family organizes their household chores by assigning
“jurisdictions,” so everyone knows exactly what their daily
- The Duggars estimate all the family members combined have worked approximately 39,000 total hours building their new house.
- The Duggars are debt free.