1. It’s Grace Kelly’s turn to get the biopic treatment.
Australian actress Nicole Kidman plays the Rear Window star and real-life princess in Grace of Monaco, set for release in December. The movie focuses on Kelly’s role in a 1960’s tax law dispute between her husband, Prince Rainier III, and France’s Charles de Gaulle.
Kelly was in her early thirties during this era, while Kidman is 45.
Are you convinced?
2. After a very formal night of receiving Oscars and clapping for their colleagues, Hollywood A-listers let their hair down at the after parties. And this is what happened.
3. There was a surprising item on the menu during last night’s episode of My Kitchen Rules.
What happened? Italian Stefano Guerra decided a reality TV program with a huge nation-wide audience was the perfect situation to pop the question to his girlfriend and on-screen cooking partner, Lisa Gabel. (Isn’t that how your partner did it?)
During the menu reveal of the couple’s instant restaurant, Guerra dropped down to one knee and proposed in front of judges Manu Feildel and Pete Evans, their fellow contestants… and the rest of Australia.
Gabel accepted the ring, a solitaire diamond in white gold (could you imagine the awkwardness if she’d said no? Ouch.) But the excitement of the proposal was the high point of the night. The Adelaide team’s scores left them in last place. And now there’s only one team left to cook.
“I was in so much shock…it was very hard to go back into the kitchen after Stefano had proposed. My head was definitely not on my shoulders that night, I lost the plot,” said Gabel.
4. Both Jennifer Lawrence and Britney Spears have ditched the blonde hair in favour of brunette. Click here to see their very cool new dos.
5. Details of two secret celebrity weddings have emerged in the midst of Oscar madness.
Anchorman actress Christina Applegate, 41, married Martyn LeNoble, her longtime boyfriend and the father of her two-year-old daughter Sadie Grace.
According to People magazine, the couple, who have been engaged since 2010, had a private ceremony at their home in Los Angeles.
Singer Janet Jackson, 46, has also revealed she got married to Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana in a secret ceremony last year.
“Last year we were married in a quiet, private and beautiful ceremony. Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children’s charities,” the couple told Entertainment Tonight.