It’s no secret that we’re obsessed with everything hair and beauty at The Glow.
And in some situations, our knowledge of beauty hacks and hairstyles can come in very handy, like the time Mamamia’s Senior Editor Monique was having a (self-confessed!) bad hair day and needed some help, ASAP.
So we whipped up this milkmaid-braid inspired style for her, and she got so many compliments, we obviously had to share it round. (Post and instructions continue after video.)
How to do it: step by step
1. Brush and divide hair into a centre part, then split into two even sections either side of your head.
2. Pull the hair into a pigtail and tuck behind the ear, then plait from the top of the ear down. Secure with a hairband.
3. Repeat on the other side.
4. Take one plait and flip it over the crown of the head, in line with the top of your ear. Secure with bobby pins. If you have a lot of hair at the end of the braid, tuck that under the top of the second braid.
5. Repeat on the other side, tucking the end of the braid underneath the beginning of the other to make it look neat and tidy.
6. To prevent the braids from slipping towards the back of the head, secure in the middle with more bobby pins, sliding them through the plait and into your hair facing towards the back of your head.
7. Ensure the front is neat and if you want to soften the look, pull out a few tendrils and curl to frame the face.
Are you a fan of the milkmaid braid? What's your go-to braid to do?