There are few things in life that are more boring than listening to a bride talk about the chairs at her wedding reception. Wait, there are some things more – or at least equally – boring. Let me list them:
1. Listening to a bride talk about napkins.
Ecru or beige? And what shape should they be folded? Is a fan too retro? Should they be placed next to the plate or on top of it?
2. Listening to a bride talk about invitations or fonts of any kind.
Who knew it was possible for a grown woman to have many long conversations about cost/benefit analysis of the weight of cardboard? It’s possible.
Seriously. I tuned out when you said ‘Euphoria Script’.
3. Listening to a bride talk about seating plans.
And how she doesn’t want to have a singles table but all the tables need to have even numbers and if she puts two singles on a table with three other couples it will feel too much like she’s trying to set them up.
4. Listening to a bride talk about how she wants her bridesmaids hair to look.
And whether it’s unreasonable to ask her sister to lose the balayage so her hair looks more natural and timeless in the wedding photos instead of screaming 2014.
5. Listening to a bride talk about her wedding make-up.
Or, worse, her wedding make-up rehearsal.