When we get to eat cake to celebrate most of the other milestones in our lives – birthdays, christenings, engagements and weddings – why shouldn’t you get a cake to commemorate one of the less celebrated milestones life has to offer: divorce.
Newly divorced couples around the world have begun sharing their divorce cakes with the world, and let’s just say, they are far from your basic sponge cake you’d normally find in a box at your local supermarket.
From cakes that show former brides and grooms taking out the trash to the quote that seems increasingly popular amongst new divorcees “I do. I did. I’m done”, divorce cakes truly are a sight to behold.
And the look bloody delicious too. Have a look through some of our favourites:
1. This woman chose to celebrate with wine AND a buried ex husband.
2. Maybe she really did live happily ever after.
Slightly inappropriate but so delicious… #divorcecake #happilyeverafter A photo posted by Carol Arroyo (@carolitaaahh) on Oct 5, 2015 at 11:11am PDT
3. We’re really hoping this isn’t how this guy’s marriage really ended.
4. Puns always work a charm on divorce cakes.
????divorcetraders #divorce #divorced #movingon #movingforward #theirlossyourgain #ex #breakup #text #girlfriend #boyfriend #wife #husband #instagram #cake #divorcecake #revenge #yoda #starwars A photo posted by Divorce Traders Inc. (@divorcetraders) on Feb 22, 2016 at 1:33pm PST
5. This one feels like it deserves its own reception.
6. This lady threw a whole party to celebrate.
Happy divorce cake! Free at last!! #divorceparty #divorcecake #happiness #divorced2015 #readyfornextyear A photo posted by Karri (@karrieatscake) on Dec 15, 2015 at 1:23pm PST
7. If there’s one thing that’s better than frosting, it’s frosting that rhymes.
8. Simple, yet effective.
#DivorceCake #ImFree ???????????? A photo posted by Megan Allen (@meganallen009) on Nov 8, 2015 at 10:52am PST
9. This woman, who got to take out the trash one last time.
10. And finally, the couple that could never fill the void between them.
Not that I am trying to say anything but just realised that yhese things exist! Too much #divorce #cakes A photo posted by SF/LON (@presentsfrommyboyfriend) on Aug 21, 2015 at 11:04pm PDT
Feature and social image via Instagram @esings624.
Watch: Mamamia staff and readers share when they knew it was time for a divorce….