You’ll never forget the moment your partner proposes to you – but sometimes, marriage proposals are more of a fizzer than a fairytale.
They’ve also shared their worst break up stories in this video. Post continues below…
And we Just. Can’t. Look. Away.
Here are some of the highlights – but be warned: they are seriously cringeworthy.
- catdoctor: A long, long time ago, the guy I had dated for 3 years and was still in touch with after a year apart said: “You know, neither one of us is gonna meet anybody better, so we should just get married.” He was 35, I was 22. I said yes but thought about it and broke up with him a few weeks later.
- Brooke124: My fiancé proposed to me while I was sitting on the couch.
- mildly-attractive: My mum said to my dad ‘so are we gonna get married? Because if not I wanna go travel.
- kodakrat74: He proposed to me in my dorm room on my 21st birthday when I was drunk and nearly passed out on the bed. I was confused at first and forgot to say yes until an hour or so later when I sobered up.
- letsmakeart: My parents were in line at McDonald's, trying to decide what to get. My dad randomly turned to my mum and said "I think we should get married" and my mom was like "Alright".
- Lambxo: My husband is shy so I knew he would want to keep it low key. He ended up proposing to me in our messy bedroom while kneeling on a pile of dirty laundry. Ah romance.
- Chrisisaboner4ever: My ex proposed to me on the bike path at my university. Someone drove by and shouted, "look at that fat ass," when he was down on one knee.