Everyone has their own personal dating deal breakers.
For you, it might be smoking. Or rudeness. Or a penchant for Justin Bieber.
It’s different for everyone, but when we encounter one, the reaction is always the same: Horror, revulsion, and a desire to get away, immediately.
Because these are not minor annoyances or idiosyncrasies that could become cute later on.
They are not little adorable quirks, like how he makes little squeaking noises when he eats or how he nods in agreement with himself as he speaks.
Oh no. These are warning signs that cannot be ignored.
Just as an FYI, you should know that this post is sponsored by eHarmony. But all opinions expressed by the author are 100% authentic and written in their own words.
I know, as you read this, that memories will be popping into your head and you will experience a feeling of sheer relief that you got the hell out of there, and that you got away. Because…shudder…
Here is a collection of the top dating deal breakers from the Mamamia Women’s Network. You may need a glass of wine for this…
Deal Breaker #1: The man-child.
• “In the first five minutes he showed me an app on his phone that was 101 fart noises.” – Monique
• “I had a guy say he had no idea who John Lennon was but that he loved Lady Gaga. Other basic deal breakers: No job, no prospects and haven’t ever travelled or has no interest in travelling.” – Lauren
Deal Breaker #2: The crashing bore
• “I went on a date with a guy who just talked AT me about physics the whole time. I don’t mind people sharing their interests, but it wasn’t a two-way conversation by any means. At one point he joked about my eyes glazing over. Then he continued his lecture.” – Kahla
• “Watching golf 24/7. Oh sorry, that’s just my deal breaker with my husband.” – Bern
• “Being on his phone, constantly.” – Jenny
Deal Breaker #3: The asshat.
• “I’ve never had any bad dating experiences (Writer’s note: I am tempted to throw scrunched up paper at her) but I would never, ever, ever be with anyone who didn’t like animals, was a smoker, or was racist, sexist or homophobic.” – Alexis
• “Hypothetically, if someone was rude to wait staff it’d be game over.” – Kahla
• “Unironic sexist jokes.” – Nicola