HAPPY MONDAY: The NSW Government is refunding some of your CTP Green Slip.


Has your Monday got off to a less than ideal start? Missed your bus, spilled your coffee or forgot your lunch at home? Well, New South Welshmen, I have some news that may turn your day around.

The NSW Government has reformed the compulsory third party (CTP) insurance scheme to reduce the costs of CTP Green Slips for vehicle owners and better support people injured on our roads, according to the website.

So what does that mean?

Well, if you were the registered owner of a private vehicle as of midnight 30 November 2017, you may be able to claim a CTP Green Slip refund for insurance policies bought or renewed before 1 December 2017.

No, that’s not a typo, you might be entitled to some $$$ back in your bank account.


So what do you need to do to find out if you're entitled to the refund? Head over to the "Claim a CTP Green Slip Refund" page on the website.

From there you login to your MyServiceNSW account (if you don't already have one, you will need to set one up), follow the steps and enter your bank account details so that your refund can be returned to your nominated account if your claim is successful.

The refund amount varies depending on when the policy was purchased, the type of vehicle, and where you are located, but to give you a rough idea of how much you'll get back, refunds in our office ranged from $40-$110.

Not bad for a few minutes of 'work'.

You're welcome.

Did you get a refund? How much did you get back? Tell us in the comments section below.

The Barefoot Investor shares his best money advice for single women.