Christmas Day is an epic (and often exhausting) emotional rollercoaster. And what better way to summarise it than with GIFs?
Merry Christmas everyone! (And why don’t you try to tick each of these off the list as the day wears on? It could be a fun drinking game…)
1. Initital excitement:
2. The realisation that this is actually a day filled with stress and effort:
3. Somebody has a cooking-related meltdown:
4. One of your relatives comments on your weight/clothing/job/love life within five minutes:
5. Everybody must fake enthusiasm at bad presents:
6. Someone brings a partner that nobody remembers/recognises:
7. One child/teen in the house will inevitably end up throwing a tantrum:
8. Someone will always bring up politics or talk about their weird new religion at the dinner table:
9. Food coma:
10. Someone will disappear when it’s time to clean up:
11. You and the only other sane person in the family decide that you’re not going to speak to any of these psychos anymore and that you need to stick together:
12. You quit your family and vow never to celebrate Christmas again:
What Christmas emotion would you add to the list?