Welcome to the long weekend edition of Fluff. If you have missed anything in the celebrity world this week, or just can’t get enough, you’ve come to the right place. Enjoy.
1. Barack Obama was sworn in for his second term as president today but it was his wife’s fringe that everyone’s talking about.
Michelle Obama – or ‘FLOTUS’ (the First Lady of the United States), as some people affectionately call her – revealed a new hairstyle yesterday at the Kids’ Inaugural Concert.
The concert was started in 2009 to honour the country’s military families – and this year featured performances from Usher, Katy Perry and the cast of Glee.
It also featured the first lady’s fringe.
Click through the gallery for more pictures of celebrities with fringes. Do you need one? Do you?
2. Kristen Bell’s birth plans made us really laugh – and love her even more. Watch her talk about them with Ellen DeGeneres here.
3. Ellen DeGeneres has already revealed she’s coming to Australia – but before she does, she will fly two Aussies to LA.
And droves of people would like to be one of those lucky two. Australian fans of the all-dancing talk-show host gathered in Sydney Harbour on Tuesday, after Ellen tweeted:
On Tuesday morning at 10am there was a live cross with her producers from the Opera House – and Ellen encouraged her fans to show up with passports and packed luggage.
In the end, two young girls were selected to travel to LA – after proving how much they wanted it, by performing an opera-style song for the other hopefuls gathered in the harbour.
4. It’s a flag, no it’s a sandwich, no a flag – hang on what is this and can you serve it on Australia Day – click here to see.
5. Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
Baby Milan was born at 9:36pm in Barcelona and is the first child of the 35-year-old Columbian singer and her partner, Spanish footballer Gerard Piqué, 25. The couple have been together since 2011, having met on the set of Shakira’s music video ‘Waka Waka’ the previous year.