Women with large feet are denied many of life’s pleasures. Like shoe shopping expeditions that don’t end in the men’s section. The ability to wear coloured Converse high-tops without looking like an amateur clown. Or the wonder that is wearing sockettes.
Yes, there are countless woes we Big Foots know all too well – if you can think of more, please add them in the comments section.
1. You have lost toenails to the theory ‘it’s just a little snug’
2. You have the same shoe size as your husband/boyfriend/brother.
Being able to share your boyfriend's T-shirts is cute. Being able to share his shoes is... not.
3. Dainty shoe styles look anything but dainty when they're a size 11.
4. On you, ballet flats expose an almost indecent amount of skin. Also: deep toe cleavage.
5. Your 'man brogues' are literally a man's brogues.
6. Shoe shopping is heartbreaking.
It's a case of "Buy whatever fits" rather than "Buy what I actually like".
7. Online shoe shopping is not much better.
8. You've had to stop guys at the gym from taking your sneakers after class
9. Your size is always out of stock and is one of the first to go at sales.
10. Walking up/down staircases in old houses is terrifying because your feet literally do not fit on each step.
11. "One size fits all" socks. Ha! Please.
And don't even get us started on the lie that is "sockettes".
12. You have literally tripped over your own feet.
13. Pointed shoes make you look like some kind of bizarre mythical creature.
14. Pulling skinny jeans over your feet always ends in disaster.
15. You've been told, "Oh, we don't go up to THAT size" more than once.
16. Your most prized possession is a pair of vintage GOGO boots a drag queen owned in the 1970s
17. Blisters. Bunions. ALL of the shoe-rubbing-feet problems.
18. You've been socially shamed for picking things up with your long, prehensile toes.
19. Sneakers. When they're white, you look like Jerry Seinfeld. When they're coloured, you look like a clown.
20. Sales assistants have literally laughed at you.
21. The brands that stock your size usually happen to be the most expensive.
22. 'The bigger the feet the bigger the...' does not apply to ladies.
Love this story? You'll also enjoy these: