She’s played a princess, a prostitute, a Parkinson’s victim and is named after Shakespeare’s wife.
In the past decade Anne Hathaway has come a long way and has a stellar acting career to show for it.
At just 19, Anne scored her breakthrough role as the clumsy and funny Mia in Disney’s ‘The Princess Diaries’ alongside Julie Andrews.
Since that moment she has slid up the ranks of Hollywood ‘s A-List appearing in an array of films including ‘The Devil Wears Prada’, ‘Get Smart’ and ‘Les Miserables’.
In 2010 Anne co-hosted the Oscar’s with James Franco, although they weren’t that successful as hosts, it proved to the world that Anne Hathaway could be funny in her own way.
Unlike many of her counterparts, Anne is rarely in the headlines for the wrong reasons (unless you count that time she went commando). However in 2008, Hathaway’s boyfriend of four years Raffaello Follieri, was charged with defrauding investors when his Manhattan based foundation failed to file required nonprofit information forms, he was then sentenced to four years in Jail.
Anne, who was not charged with any crime, was told to end her relationship with Follieri in mid June, as the investigation would most likely harm her acting career.
In the November of 2008, Anne met Adam Schulman. The couple were engaged in November 2011 and married the following year in September. Anne wore a gown custom made by her friend Valentino, and accompanied it with a matching headband. With her porcelain skin, her demure eyes and her show-stopping smile, she was, as always the embodiment of Old Hollywood Glamour.
5 reasons why Anne is awesome:
1. She is one of seven actresses who have won an Academy Award for their performance in a musical.
2. She is a clutz. During her audition for Princess Diaries she fell off her chair. She was hired immediately.
3. She respects animals – becoming a vegan in 2012.
4. She makes fun of herself – just watch any episode of Saturday Night Live she has hosted.
5. She stands up for what she believes in – Raised as a strong Catholic, when Anne found out her younger brother was gay she felt she couldn’t be part of a religion that didn’t support her brother’s sexuality.