And they don’t hold back.
Confession time: What is the least favourite thing about your child? That’s really just a nicer way of asking: What is it about your child that (sometimes) makes you want to disown them (temporarily)?
The parents who responded to the question have been really, brutally honest. Their confessions are funny, sad and sometimes a little scary, but all of them feel incredibly genuine.
Do any of these fifteen complaints resonate with you?
1. “She calls my ex’s boyfriend ‘dad’ and me by my first name. They’ve only been dating a year, and I had full custody of my daughter until just a couple months ago. It isn’t my daughter’s fault. She’s just confused, but damn does it hurt.”
2. "I raised my little sister since birth. She's a wonderful loving kid, but I'm so glad she's in university now, because she's also a huge raging f*cking b*tch in her moody teen angst mode. Teenagers are unpredictable, and are emotionally ruthless."
3. "11 year old pre-teen daughter. The bratty answering-back and drama. Constantly."
4. "She is a very bad sleeper. It's hard for her to fall asleep and stay asleep. My mum tries to comfort me that I was just like her and it took 5 years before I slept almost all nights through. Not helping mum."
5. "One bathroom house. My son takes a couple of showers a day and has some marathon "poops". I know what youre doing in there. Either do it less or do it faster. Other than that, happy Dad."