Karanbir Cheema, 13, fell seriously ill during a morning tea break at his west London school.
The boy, known as Karan to his friends, managed to make it to the school office where his medication for his severe allergies was kept.
But by the time paramedics arrived at the school, he was in a life-threatening condition, the Evening Standard reported.
— The Independent (@Independent) July 12, 2017
Rushed to Great Ormond Street hospital, Karan remained in care for 10 days, before he passed away on Sunday.
Now his devastated family is desperate for answers after a fellow pupil was arrested on suspicion of Karan’s attempted murder.
Pictured: schoolboy who died after allergic reaction to cheese ‘flicked in his face’ https://t.co/wDBNUJHcML
— Evening Standard (@standardnews) July 11, 2017
Police believe the student, aware of Karan’s dairy allergy, “flicked a piece of cheese” at him during the morning break, which landed in his mouth.