Another day, another extremely scientific poll from the extremely scientific research committee on fashion and women’s age.
British website retiresavvy.co.uk have just conducted The Most Important Survey Of The Year. Two-thousand bright-sparks were interviewed to find out at what age women should… just give up. The results are in.
Take a selfie after 34,
Wear skinny jeans after 47,
Watch reality TV after 41.
Listen to Mia Freedman, Monique Bowley and Jessie Stephens have some feels about the poll, on Mamamia Out Loud. Post continues after audio….
The ‘definitive’ list of commandments…
- Thou shalt not selfie after 34
- Thou shalt not go clubbing after 44. Music festivals, however, are permitted until the ripe old age of 45.
- Thou shalt not possess long hair after 46. (I don't know what this means. What is 'long' hair. Will it be measured?)
- Thou shalt not wear skinny jeans after 47.
- Thou shalt not tattoo after 38. (Any pre-existing tattoos must be removed on the 38th birthday.)
- Thou shalt not watch reality TV after 41. (If they insist...)
- Thou shalt not ATTEMPT to understand new technology after 40. (Because obvs you can't see things/hear anymore)
- Thou shalt delete your Facebook profile at 49. (In preparation for your death.)
Ok. Some issues...
Two thousand people is not enough people to warrant a 'study'. It's a high school survey at best. If I interview four people who all happen to like coriander... I CANNOT conclude 100% of the population like coriander.
Secondly, what was the average age of the people being surveyed? Was it maybe 14? Or nine?
Kim K must have missed the memo altogether, because at 35 she still owns the selfie.
English actor and general kicker of arse Helen Mirren rocks a tattoos better than we could ever hope to at the age of 71.