celebrity

Celeb in 5: Thursday's best entertainment and gossip news.

1. “I’ll find a way to bring the truth out.” MAFS’ Cyrell says she’s been banned from doing interviews.

Nobody puts Cyrell in the corner.

The fiery MAFS contestant has vowed she will “find a way to bring the truth out ’bout her husband dearest” despite being banned from speaking in interviews and good god that sounds terrifying.

cyrell-2
Image: Channel Nine

(But, please, Cyrell, do go on).

The fan favourite has apparently been blocked by Channel Nine from speaking about her appearance on the show after a series of outbursts and honestly, that's the Cyrell we know and love.

The 29-year-old took to Facebook on Wednesday to let fans know she had been banned from going live, adding "Run Nick run" to the end of her promise to reveal the "truth".

Really Nic, run.

It all comes after an argument between Cyrell and her ex-'husband' Nic turned ugly.

Appearing on The Kyle And Jackie O Show together, Cyrell exploded at Nic after he accused her brother Ivan of falsely claiming that he'd cheated on Cyrell with Jessika Power.

Phew, that's a mouthful.

"Don't you ever ever paint my brother as a liar!" Cyrell raged over the phone at Nic.

We guess this means maybe he did cheat with Jessika?

Which would make it wife swap number three this season and bloody oath, it's getting too hard to keep track.

ADVERTISEMENT

2. Inside the rumour that The Voice audiences were held against their will and locked in.

The thought of being trapped inside an episode of The Voice sounds like the stuff of nightmares, doesn't it?

But according to Grant Denyer, this very situation became a terrifying reality for audience members who attended a day of filming recently.

grant denyer channel ten
Grant Denyer claims audience members were held against their will.

Yikes.

The 2Day FM breakfast host said yesterday on air that a recent taping of the Channel 9 program went way overtime and audience members were held against their will by producers.

He claimed one audience member even called the police and just imagine being on the opposite end of that phone call.

“They were running three hours over and the audience had already been there for nearly nine hours for a record," he said.

“The staff had to lock all the doors to the recording studio and they manned the doors and refused to let anybody out. People were trying to storm out and leave and say, ‘You can’t stop me!’ And they saying, ‘Yes we can!’”

And speaking to Mick Molloy on Triple M about the claim, a caller named John who was at the recording said:

“It was pretty traumatising by the time we finished.

“We got there at 2 o’clock, it was only supposed to go until 7:30pm and at 10:30pm I walked out and it was still going."

But in a statement to news.com.au, a spokeswoman for The Voice cleared things up, stating: “The records for the Knockout round did run over, as often filming does, but no one was held against their will and was free to leave as soon as it was safe to do so.

“The studio doors were not locked nor were exits blocked. Our priority and responsibility is the safety of the audience and crew in a working studio.”

3. The moment four-year-old Sonny Blake attempts to prank his dad Hamish.

Children, more than anyone else, are very good at magic.

But there is no child quite as brilliant as Sonny Blake, who attempts to out-prank the ultimate prankster: his dad.

The four-year-old holds a hat around the corner of a building, and ~disappears~ into thin air... Or at least that's what you think, until Hamish pops his head around the corner and sees him... running off.

Posting it to his Instagram, Hamish can be heard completely buying into the magic trick, and captioned the image "Still at a complete loss as to how my son disappeared into thin air. @davidblaine I know you and I have had our differences in the past but honestly if you could shed any light on this I would forever be grateful..."

ADVERTISEMENT

It's indescribably adorable and everybody must watch it at once.

4. WHAT. MAFS is apparently getting a spin-off show called Honeymoon Island.

It's quite a novel concept to put reality TV stars all together on an island.

It's... original.

And that's why MAFS, perhaps inspired by Love Island and Bachelor in Paradise, will be apparently get a spin-off show called Honeymoon Island.

The rumour is that former cast members will be given a second shot at love (and an opportunity to rebrand themselves), but on an island.

While nothing has been confirmed, Ines Basic and Dino Hira are also rumoured to be involved. Which means there will dramah.

We'll maybe definitely be watching this.

The show is yet to be confirmed by Channel 9.

5. Grab your mango daiquiris: The full cast of Bachelor in Paradise 2019 has been released.

Over the last week, Channel 10 has gradually been releasing the names of the Bachelor in Paradise Australia cast for 2019.

We had the awkward combination of Alex Nation and Richie Strahan, as well as Cat Henesy and Alisha Aitken-Radburn. Then, a very exciting trailer was released focusing on Brooke Blurton and Cass Wood, making it clear that a number of familiar faces from Honey Badger’s season of The Bachelor will be returning for a second chance at love/a free holiday to Fiji.

Now, the show has released a cast photo featuring 12 contestants – one of whom is back for a second season of Bachelor in Paradise.

To read all about it, check out our earlier post here.

00:00 / ???