Let’s just say there a lot of rules and restrictions on Britain’s reigning family, so here’s hoping the 36-year-old isn’t a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of girl.
Meghan, are you sure you want to marry into this? There’s still time…
1. The Queen once fired a royal footman after she discovered he’d been getting her beloved corgis drunk by spiking their food and water with whisky and gin.
2. When he was 13, Prince William had a crush on Cindy Crawford… so naturally, his mum invited the 52-year-old supermodel to tea.
3. At 36, Meghan is set to overtake Kate Middleton as being the oldest British royal bride ever. Kate was 29 at her wedding.
4. The Queen is the only person in Britain who can drive without a license.
5. Kate’s nickname for William is apparently ‘Big Willie’. TMI…
6. The Queen owns racehorses, and has won over 1600 races, making her one of the most successful owners in history.
7. Kate’s favourite drink is something called a “crack baby”.
8. Three out of four of the Queen’s children – Prince Charles, Princess Anne and Prince Andrew – all got divorced in 1992. What a great year.
9. The Queen has her own album – it’s called Party At the Palace – and it was certified gold.
10. According to Prince Andrew, no one in the royal family is allowed to play Monopoly, because it gets “too vicious”.
11. The Queen likes to drink. A lot. Every day, she’ll have a a gin and Dubonnet before lunch, then she’ll have a dry Martini when lunch rolls around, and at the end of the day, she’ll have a glass of champagne.