1. Miranda Kerr steps down as David Jones ambassador
Australian supermodel and Victoria’s Secret Angel, Miranda Kerr, has stepped down from her role as fashion ambassador for David Jones.
David Jones is yet to make an official announcement, but CEO Paul Zahra has said that: “We will forever consider Miranda part of the David Jones family. We have loved being on this journey with Miranda and feel privileged to not only have been a part of it but to watch Miranda’s remarkable success and growth.
“We wish Miranda every success for what will undoubtedly be a very successful future and would like to thank her wholeheartedly for her wonderful contribution to our brand.”
Miranda has been the brand’s fashion ambassador for five years and will be replaced by model Jessica Gomes. It’s believed that the David Jones brand was unable to renew her $1 million/year contract, which expires next year.
2. Has Miley Cyrus lost the plot? She’s tweeted that she looks like Gollum – with a matching pic – and posted a video of herself “twerking” in a unicorn onesie … see them both here.
3. Ryan Gosling announces break from acting, women everywhere cry themselves to sleep.
He’s the actor who makes every other man look drastically inferior. He’s the actor that was the subject of our most-clicked-on article last year. And he’s taking a break from acting.
The amazing Ryan Gosling told the Associated Press that he is ‘overexposed’.
“I’ve been doing it too much,” he said. “I’ve lost perspective on what I’m doing. I think it’s good for me to take a break and reassess why I’m doing it and how I’m doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that. I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does.”
Here’s a gallery of Ryan to get you through this difficult time:
4. Another day, another topless celeb. This time it’s former Harry Potter star Emma Watson stripping off … fortunately for a good cause. See the pic here.
5. Beyonce has partnered with H&M for the summer.
Beyonce will star in the new campaign for the Swedish retailer which is kind of like the equivalent of Cotton On. The images will see her reclining on a beach lounger and posing in swimwear by the sea and generally being Beyonce-ish.
Beyonce said: “I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind.”
6. Meet the man who’s been photographed with more celebrities than he’s had hot dinners. Read his five tips for getting your photo taken with a star here.
7. Yoko Ono has entered the gun debate: tweets a picture of John Lennon’s blood-stained glasses.
Thirty-three years after John Lennon was gunned down in New York City by Mark Chapman, his wife, Yoko Ono, tweets a picture of his blood-stained glasses with a harrowing message about gun crime.
“Over 1,057,000 people have been killed by guns in the USA since John Lennon was shot and killed on 8 Dec 1980,” tweeted Ono.
On the day that would’ve been their 44th wedding anniversary, Ono posted a series of tweets with statistics and described Lennon’s death as “a hollowing experience”.
“31,537 people are killed by guns in the USA every year. We are turning this beautiful country into war zone.”
“Together, let’s bring back America, the green land of peace,” Ono tweeted.
The image – while still shocking- has been seen in the public arena before, it was used to illustrate her album, Season of Glass released in 1981.
8. Jon Bon Jovi has revealed his heartache over his teenaged daughter’s heroin overdose. Read what he had to say here.
9. Jessica Alba calls for mums to stop judging one another, later criticises Gwyneth Paltrow’s mothering.
Jessica Alba is the latest (and bravest) celebrity parent to enter into the breastfeeding versus bottle-feeding/stay-at-home versus working mum
ring of fire debate insisting mums shouldn’t judge each other.
“When you become a mom, the last thing you want to do is feel judged because everybody is trying to do the best they can,” Alba tells People.
“I have friends who literally are better parents when they are going to work every day for long days and they have weekend time or night time with their kids,” Alba says. “I have other friends who cannot even imagine leaving their child for one second and need to be attached literally at the hip, and that is fine as well.”
Which is all well and good, but in promoting her new lifestyle book, The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You, Alba took a swipe at Gwyneth Paltrow’s upbringing.
Speaking to the New York Daily News, Alba said: “Gwyneth Paltrow probably lives a very similar lifestyle, but I didn’t grow up with a bunch of money, so my tips are much more grounded: repurposing things and making things at home.