1. The second season of HBO’s ‘Girls’ has already featured a few high-profile cameo roles.
In this week’s episode, ‘Video Games’, it’s acclaimed Australian actor Ben Mendelsohn’s turn to make an appearance.
The 43-year-old Love My Way star plays the estranged father of Jessa, the flighty bohemian friend of Lena Dunham’s character Hannah.
American actress Rosanna Arquette, the sister of David, stars as Mendelsohn’s on-screen girlfriend.
The episode shows Jessa and Hannah taking an overnight trip to meet her father and his out-there family. Take a look at a clip here:
Click through this gallery of the best quotes from Hannah, Marnie, Shoshanna and Jessa.
2. A photo of Prince Harry hugging his new girlfriend has briefly stolen the spotlight from the Royal Bump.
Harry, 28, has been linked to 24-year-old Cressida Bonas, a model, since mid 2012. On Wednesday, a photographer captured the lovebirds snuggling up during a ski trip in Switzerland, where they were joined by Prince Andrew, Sarah Ferguson and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.
It’s the first time the prince has been spotted in such a public display of affection since he broke up with Chelsy Davy in 2010 and, as you can imagine, the ‘Royal Watchers’ are all in a tizzy.
Apparently the PDAs didn’t stop on the slopes.
According to a nosy bystander, Bonas “climbed onto Harry’s knee” during a fancy restaurant dinner on Wednesday night. From there, he started “softly rubbing her hair” and the couple kissed. Wonder how many of the Queen’s dining etiquette rules they broke there?
3. It’s almost Oscars time – don’t forget we will be live tweeting it on Mamamia so make sure you’re following us here and here. Another person who’s been getting his Oscars ducks in a row is Hugh Jackman – watch how he’s trying to swing Oscars voters here.
4. Is this episode of Law and Order: SVU based on Rihanna and Chris Brown’s relationship?
An up-and-coming female singer is brutally beaten by her boyfriend, a popular hip hop star. While authorities work to build a case, the singer sticks by her man and refuses to aid the investigation, which becomes a ‘media circus’.
That’s a brief summary of an upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU.
A preview clip of the episode ‘Funny Valentine’ is eerily similar to the controversy surrounding Rihanna and her boyfriend Chris Brown. A spokesperson has responded to questions of the episode’s source material, insisting, “As always, SVU is fiction.”
In this case, it’s all a little too close for comfort – the lead actress even resembles Rihanna physically. Watch the clip here and decide for yourselves.
5. Both Katy Perry and Scarlett Johansson were spotted wearing new bling on their left-hand ring fingers. But there’s no talk of weddings – is this the start of a new non commitment ring trend? Read more here.
6. Many divorced couples can’t handle being in the same room as one another. So imagine having your ex-spouse interview you. On TELEVISION.
In an interview airing this Sunday night, broadcaster Derryn Hinch talks to his ex-wife, Oscar-nominated actress Jacki Weaver, about their two marriages. Gulp.
But instead of tears and passive-aggressive jibes, it seems the pair were able to joke about the cause of their separation.
“This is a producer’s question. Can you remind me, why did we break up again?” Hinch, 69, asks.
“Cos I ran off with another man. And I’m sorry. But he was lovely,’’ responds Weaver, 65. “But it didn’t take you long to find another woman… Or find another 12 other women, I might say.”
Hinch has been married four times in total, while Weaver has been married 5 times. The pair have remained close friends.
7. Lady Gaga’s letter of thanks to her Little Monsters from her hospital bed is actually very touching. You should read it here.
Mattel’s latest Barbie product is a pink vanity mirror with lights that easily attaches to an iPad. Sounds innocent enough, right?
That’s not all.
By downloading the accompanying app, young girls (and Barbie-loving boys) can then digitally apply makeup to their faces. With one swipe of a brush, their on-screen reflection can sport glittery eyelids or colourful lips. Without the mess of actual makeup.
Perhaps Mattel should consider renaming their product Photoshop for Kids 101, because that’s exactly what it sounds like. Imagine how much fun your daughter will have when she realises you can digitally enhance your entire BODY!
9. Rihanna does love her birthday suit maybe that’s why she keeps appearing in it. But for her ACTUAL birthday she put on a little more clothes. But only a LITTLE – click to see some of her birthday pics.