celebrity

What on earth just happened? Exactly what went down with Corey Feldman's documentary.

This post deals with child sexual abuse and might be triggering for some readers.

Today, Corey Feldman was supposed to screen his documentary, My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys, online.

For years, Feldman (now 48) has alleged that he, along with fellow child actor, Corey Haim, were sexually abused as children by members of Hollywood’s elite.

Although Haim passed away in 2o1o from pneumonia, Feldman continued to vocalise their abuse allegations.

“They’re still out there, and they are some of the richest, most powerful people in this business,” he told The View in 2017.

“And they do not want me saying what I am saying right now.”

My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys was Feldman’s chance to share his version of events, with a premiere screening organised in LA and fans given the option to stream the film online for US$20 or AU$30.53.

Watch the trailer for My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys. Post continues below.

Video by MyTruthDoc

While the documentary was meant to be screened live at 2pm on Tuesday AEDT, with an encore screening scheduled for 6am AEDT on Wednesday, March 11, it’s been reported that technical delays and hacking prevented this from happening.

This is everything we know about the situation.

What happened at the screening?

The physical and online screenings were delayed due to technical difficulties, with some of the United States’ most highly regarded entertainment journalists in attendance at the LA premiere.

Despite Feldman initially attempting to correct the issue, stating that it was the result of the website crashing due to a high volume of people trying to access it, the issue was unable to be resolved.

ADVERTISEMENT

While there were delays at the premiere, the documentary was eventually screened to invitees and press.

Was the film stopped by hackers?

This is the predominant theory.

After the online streaming was delayed by over three hours, the film’s landing page blamed this on the work of hackers.

“Please be patient. The hackers are trying to prevent the stream from airing. The program will begin momentarily. We appreciate your patience and support!” it said.

It was later replaced by the following statement, which still remains on the site:

“We truly appreciate your support and patience! We are committed to providing access for all those who have paid to watch the film as soon as possible. We will also send an email with more information. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to providing updates as they become available. Thank you.”

According to Ross A. Lincoln and J. Clara Chan of The Wrap, Feldman also told audiences the website issue was the result of “Wolfpack”, supposedly an anti-Feldman online group.

Reportedly, Feldman previously accused the Wolfpack of stabbing him in March 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Days before the screening, he also tweeted that he discovered a ‘pamphlet’ from Wolfpack which had been left on his doorstep.

What do we know about the documentary?

Feldman himself hasn’t commented on whether his team will re-attempt to share the documentary via live stream.

Entertainment journalist, Ashley Hume, has reported via Twitter that while Feldman is unsure whether the documentary’s second screening will work tomorrow, he hopes another distributor will release the film.

“Corey said it didn’t feel right to continue with the panel discussion. Says he doesn’t know if the streaming will work tomorrow but is hoping a distributor will pick it up now,” she shared.

ADVERTISEMENT

The LA Times’ Hollywood reporter, Amy Kaufman, also publicly tweeted that Charlie Sheen is named as one of Haim’s rapists.

“Corey Feldman alleges that Corey Haim told him he was raped by Charlie Sheen on the 1985 set of ‘Lucas.’ Sheen has denied this claim previously and does not issue a new denial in the film,” she writes.

“In the film, Feldman says Haim told him he was bent over by Sheen in broad daylight between two trailers and sodomized. Crisco oil was allegedly used as lubricant. Story to come from the screening — the only place the movie was screened since the live stream website did not load.”

This allegation was first made in 2017 by actor Dominick Brascia in the National Enquirer, however, Sheen denied the claims.

Sheen is believed to be one of the six names exposed in the documentary.

If this post brings up any issues for you, you can contact Bravehearts (an organisation providing support to victims of child abuse) on 1800 272 831.

If you are concerned about the welfare of a child you can get advice from the Child Abuse Protection Hotline by calling 1800 688 009, or visiting their website. You can also call the 24-hour Child Abuse Report Line (131 478).

Feature image: MyTruthDoc.

00:00 / ???