Welcome to the end of another week, a chance to raise our glasses and celebrate our triumphs and seek comfort in our friends as we take stock of our losses.
Welcome, if it is your first time here and remember – this is your space. You can be light, you can be heavy, you can be funny or you can be serious. A problem shared is a problem halved so lets go….
BEST: School holidays. A break from the routine is so lovely. So it not having to be so strict about bedtimes. And the vast vast majority of comments on this post
WORST: I’ve found some of the attitudes that have been stirred up by the refugee debate really hard to listen to. Ditto the cheap political sloganeering. This should be a humanitarian issue not a political one
To everyone doing it tough this week, sending strength and support. I encourage you to join in, not just with your experiences but with comments and support for each other. It really does make a difference when we listen to others or even know that others are listening to us….
HERE’S WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED THIS WEEK ON MAMAMIA:
- Most-clicked post of the week: What it’s like to go shopping when nothing fits.
- Most commented-on post of the week : 5 Things Parents Can Learn From Non-Parents
- Hottest topic of the week : Meet Zoë Foster. Beauty guru. Now let’s look in her drawers (video)
- Best video of the week: Viral vid: You have to see this movie. It’s compulsory you know.
- Most tweeted post of the week the week: It would take 20 yrs to fill the MCG at the current rate of refugee boat arrivals. (also got the most Facebook shares!)
- Mia’s favourite post:What are you thankful for this week?
- Most surprising post: The pregnant war journalist who hid her pregnancy so she could stay on the frontline in Afghanistan.
- Fashion Fix: Fash Week Paris
- More Zoe Foster talking career, beauty tips, love and writing….
- And don’t forget – we’re reading Indelible Ink by Fiona McGregor for bookclub
UPDATE – Winners of the Kmart $100 gift vouchers are Shusannah, Danya and Young Vintage – well done ladies.
Subscribe to our daily updates
Make sure you don’t miss a single post
with the MM daily update direct to your inbox.