Welcome, if it is your first time here and remember – this is your space. You can be light, you can be heavy, you can be funny or you can be serious. A problem shared is a problem halved so lets go….
BEST: School holidays. A break from the routine is so lovely. So it not having to be so strict about bedtimes. And the vast vast majority of comments on this post
WORST: I’ve found some of the attitudes that have been stirred up by the refugee debate really hard to listen to. Ditto the cheap political sloganeering. This should be a humanitarian issue not a political one
To everyone doing it tough this week, sending strength and support. I encourage you to join in, not just with your experiences but with comments and support for each other. It really does make a difference when we listen to others or even know that others are listening to us….
HERE’S WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED THIS WEEK ON MAMAMIA:
- Most-clicked post of the week: What it’s like to go shopping when nothing fits.
- Most commented-on post of the week : 5 Things Parents Can Learn From Non-Parents
- Hottest topic of the week : Meet Zoë Foster. Beauty guru. Now let’s look in her drawers (video)
- Best video of the week: Viral vid: You have to see this movie. It’s compulsory you know.
- Most tweeted post of the week the week: It would take 20 yrs to fill the MCG at the current rate of refugee boat arrivals. (also got the most Facebook shares!)
- Mia’s favourite post:What are you thankful for this week?
- Most surprising post: The pregnant war journalist who hid her pregnancy so she could stay on the frontline in Afghanistan.
- Fashion Fix: Fash Week Paris
- More Zoe Foster talking career, beauty tips, love and writing….
- And don’t forget – we’re reading Indelible Ink by Fiona McGregor for bookclub
UPDATE – Winners of the Kmart $100 gift vouchers are Shusannah, Danya and Young Vintage – well done ladies.= display_ad('x18', 'hidden-xs hidden-md mm_incontent', 'MM In Content'); ?>= display_ad('x20', 'visible-xs mm_mob_incontent', 'MM In Content (Mobile)'); ?>
Subscribe to our daily updates
Make sure you don’t miss a single post
with the MM daily update direct to your inbox.