The Butterﬂy Foundation is the largest national not for proﬁt community organisation established to support those who suffer from eating disorders and negative body image.
We advocate for early intervention, effective services in the public health sector, national awareness campaigns, increased research, provide prevention programs in schools, a national support line and support groups for sufferers, carers and family members. In addition, we provide funding for individuals for treatment and support. We see ourselves as a major agent for positive change in the area of eating disorders and body image.= display_ad('x18', 'hidden-xs hidden-md mm_incontent', 'MM In Content'); ?>= display_ad('x20', 'visible-xs mm_mob_incontent', 'MM In Content (Mobile)'); ?>
Our mission is to bring about change to the culture, policy and practice in the prevention, treatment and support of those affected by eating disorders and negative body image.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE BUTTERFLY FOUNDATION ARE TO:
- Promote positive body image and associated healthy behaviours;
- Encourage hope and help-seeking through education and awareness;
- Advocate excellence and consistency in the culture of care and support of people with eating disorders and encourage a better understanding of the complexities of eating disorders and the need for a compassionate, ﬂexible and holistic response;
- Educate and connect the community, health providers, government and other agencies to assist in excellence and consistency in the culture of care;
- Facilitate the development of effective models of prevention and care for the people at risk of or with eating disorders;
- Operate a financially sustainable national foundation for future generations;
- Increase access for all sufferers and cares in Australia to effective treatment and support;
- Ensure that everyone in the Butterfly team feels recognised for their skills and experience are fully engaged and supported in making their contributions and that the organisation is providing opportunities for professional growth and development.
This Chrysalis Ball will feature a well-known line up of Australian talent. Performing on the night will be lead singer of The Potbelleez, Ilan Kidron and his band glass, and Australia’s Got Talent stars on the rise, Capree.
The Master of Ceremonies for the evening will be TV/Radio Presenter, James Kerley and the Guest Speaker, Mr John Brogden.
The evening will feature a live and silent auction as well as a raffle. We are expecting approximately 300 people to attend this event and all funds raised will go towards The Butterfly Foundation.
For more information, please visit the website www.thebutterflyfoundation.org.au or call Naomi on 0409 228 754.