1. Ryan Gosling, is that you? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE? Your beautiful, beautiful face.
Ryan Gosling with his mum Donna
Hollywood’s most swoon0worthy star has distressed 20-something women everywhere (and, let’s face it, also a lot of women who are a tad older than that) with his make-up for new film Only God Forgives…
Gosling will be playing an ex-boxer-turned-gangster in the movie, which makes the women of the world a little more forgiving. Who doesn’t love a bad guy right? So long as it’s a bad guy of the Gosling variety rather than the Lord Voldermort or the Hulk.
3. Elmo has resigned from Sesame Street. Well, to be more precise, Elmo’s puppeteer has resigned – the fluffy red puppet himself would never bail on Big Bird, Bert, Ernie and the Cookie Monster. Kevin Clash, the man who created Elmo’s high-pitched voice and child-like persona (and we KNOW that all of you who’ve ever bought your kids a ‘Tickle Me Elmo’ are reading the rest of this text in that EXACT voice) resigned from the show in the wake of an allegation that he had sex with an underaged youth.
This from Sydney Morning Herald:
A lawsuit filed on Tuesday in federal court in New York accuses Clash of sexual abuse of a second youth. The lawsuit alleges that Cecil Singleton, then 15 and now an adult, was persuaded by Clash to meet for sexual encounters.
In a statement on Tuesday, Sesame Workshop said “the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want,” leading Clash to conclude “that he can no longer be effective in his job.”
“This is a sad day for Sesame Street,” the statement said.
5. The royal family have revamped their website (King Henry VIII would have been a big fan of the new interactive jousting game)… and on that website is a blog post about a day in the life of Prince William. Or, as he’s known in the RAF Search and Rescue Squadron, Flight Lieutenant Wales. Fancy.
In the pictures, William is shown working at a computer and making the bed he uses when he’s doing 24-hour shifts on the military base. Doing ordinary non-Prince-ly things.
Take a look:
7. Frock watch: Would you wear it? This is what Miss Universe Australia will wear at the Miss Universe pageant in Las Vegas next month.
Gwenyth Paltrow's sheer-side number from the back
8. When you’re 72 years old – what do you hope to be doing? Playing bingo or bowling on a lawn every day? Taking long, leisurely strolls along the beach with your adoring 65 year old toy boy husband?
…Or maybe you’ll be launching your androgynous modelling career?
Liu Xianping, a 72 year old grandfather in China, has become an Internet sensation after modelling women’s clothing for his granddaughter’s online boutique. Liu sees no problem with wearing women’s clothes, saying: “Why unacceptable (for someone like me to wear women’s clothes)? Modelling for the store is helping my granddaughter and I have nothing to lose. We were very happy on the day of the shooting. I’m very old and all that I care about is to be happy.”
And actually, he looks rather good. Take a look:
10. Try and work this sentence out: Britney Spears’ ex is dating her ex’s ex. Confused? Yeah, figures. So let’s go through it slowly. Shar Jackson – the former girlfriend of Kevin Federline – is dating Jason Alexander, who is Britney’s first husband. Wow. What a love triangle. Or love pentagon.
11. Whether your Christmas social calendar is packed with parties, or you can’t work out what to wear to the office function, we think there’s something pretty special about a dress that you can wear to not one but FOUR types of festival season celebrations. Seriously, it’s the style equivalent of transformer doll.
Here four women show us how they would style summer’s prettiest floral frock: