1. And the winner is… not this dress.
Yesterday at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, Jennifer Lawrence was honoured with the Best Actress award for her performance in Silver Linings Playbook – and what happened next is what everyone’s talking about today.
22 year-old Lawrence – who was suffering from pneumonia, and almost didn’t make it to the SAG Awards at all – wore a midnight blue Christian Dior gown and looked immaculate on the red carpet.
When she rose to receive her award for Best Actress, however, and received warm hugs and congratulations from the co-stars sitting at her table – her dress appeared to split at mid-thigh.
By the time she made it to stage, there was a gaping tear revealing her upper thighs. Lawrence took the wardrobe malfunction in typical good humour, and made the audience laugh with her acceptance speech.
Some internet commentators are appalled at the suggestion that a Christian Dior gown could – shock! horror! – split. This is Dior, people.
The original gown, which was revealed on the runway at a couture fashion show on Monday, showed clear distinctions that were connected by sheer lining. Lawrence’s dress, however, had the lining hidden, so people couldn’t really tell that it was a tiered gown.
Once she was approaching the stage to get her award, the combination of her pulling up on the top part of the dress and possibly having the train stuck on a heel (or something) revealed the sheer lining in between.
Click through for some other public wardrobe malfunctions from your favourite celebrities…
PS: Here are all the SAG Award moments you should watch. We’ve packaged them up for you to make it easy.
2. There are naked pictures of Liam Hemsworth on Miley’s phone. Of course there are – there’s also a lot of other things about “grown up” Miley that you might not know…
3. An Australian waitress living in London reportedly had a one-night-stand with One Direction’s Zayn Malik. Courtney Webb, 21, took the story to the tabloids, and revealed she went home with Malik last Wednesday after he told her he was single.
But when she noticed fake eyelashes and make-up in his flat, Courtney became suspicous. She confronted Malik – who is in fact dating Perrie Edwards, from UK girlband band Little Mix – who told Webb, “Don’t worry about her, she’s on tour.”
Webb told The Sun:
“He’s an absolute s***. How dare he — not only to me but to Perrie?
“I definitely don’t think it’s the first time he’s done this. I feel sorry for Perrie — she doesn’t know this is going on. It’s wrong and has to stop.”
Webb also took photos of the teen singer on her phone, to substantiate her claims of their one-night-stand, that feature Malik’s distinctive tattoos.
Since going public, Webb has received online death threats from One Direction fans. Enraged teen girls have vented on Twitter, with messages including “Courtney Webb… we will find you and kill you” and “Courtney Webb needs to get hit upside the head with a baseball bat. Perrie is Zayn’s. Stupid whore.”
Ladies, please. He’s a teenage popstar. Are we surprised?
4. Actress Liberty Ross filed for divorce from director husband Rupert Sanders last Friday, a few months after Rupert’s affair with Liberty’s co-star, Kristen Stewart became one of the most talked-about scandals in Hollywood.
Liberty asked for joint custody of their children, and also requested spousal support.
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, on the other hand, have been able to work through their problems, and are back together. Despite rumours that Kristen was going to be cut from any potential sequels to Snow White and the Huntsman – the film where Rupert and Kristen met – she has been signed on to the sequel which Rupert will not be directing.
5. Traditionally we focus on the dresses on the female stars on the red carpet at the SAG Awards – but there were also some very ahem, sexy male actors – click here to see what we mean.
6. Hollywood heavyweights Nicole Kidman, Kirsten Stewart and Marion Cotillard have posed without makeup for W Magazine. Bravo, ladies.
W’s annual Best Performances February issue features some of the best actors and actresses in Hollywood at the moment – but instead of presenting them in typical glitz and glamour, photographer Juergen Teller has captured the stars in their natural state. They are all sans make-up, looking natural and un-groomed. Cotillard is even photographed having just stepped out of the shower, wearing nothing but a towel.
Click through for more pictures of celebrities without make-up…
7. If you’ve ever worried that your table dancing skills were a little substandard – and really, who hasn’t – check out this little tutorial from Heidi Klum.
8. In honour of Australia Day: 43 hilarious things only an Australian would understand, written by one of our favourite Aussie blokes, Richard Glover. We especially loved numbers 7, 14 and 36. Actually who are we kidding? We loved all of them – read them here.