There are so many reasons why Aussies love actor Chris Hemsworth:
1. Watching him onscreen, and his life via Instagram, is pure sunshine for our cold, dead hearts. #livingthedream
2. He is one of our favourite Aussie exports, and an absolute success story, of whom we are very proud.
3. He has the cutest kids; India, six, and three-year-old twins Sasha and Tristan.
4. He appears to be a very cute dad.
5. We adore his wife, Spanish actress Elsa Pataky.
All of which is why it should come as no surprise that, according to Instagram, Hemsworth was the most loved Aussie on their platform in 2018. The Avengers actor scored the most-liked post with this birthday snap with his wife:
The caption attracted more than 50,000 comments, with many relating to the juxtaposition between a beautiful family photo, and the, er, brutal reality behind it.
Instagram’s official popularity ranking for 2018 was:
1. Chris Hemsworth
2. Hugh Jackman
3. Margot Robbie
4. Ruby Rose
5. Miranda Kerr
To celebrate winning Instagram for the year, Hemsworth partnered with the platform to create an IGTV look at his Insta-worthy life in Byron Bay. If you are a person prone to the odd bout of envy (ie, all of us), watch it at your own peril.