celebrity

Charlie Sheen has denied Corey Feldman's allegations that he sexually abused Corey Haim.

This post deals with child sexual abuse and might be triggering for some readers.

For decades, Corey Feldman has been desperately trying to share his story of sexual abuse.

The former child star, who is well known for being one half of the ‘Two Coreys’, has long made claims that paedophilia has infiltrated all levels of Hollywood.

As an actor who got his start in the industry at just 13 years old, Feldman became close friends with fellow child star Corey Haim, who he starred with in a number of popular ’80s films, including horror film The Lost Boys and comedy Licence to Drive.

Watch the trailer for My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys below. Post continues after video.

Amid the pair’s meteoric rise to fame, however, concerning claims they had been sexually abused at the hands of several powerful men in Hollywood began to emerge.

Now, after years of sharing the alleged abuse the two of them had suffered often without naming names, Corey Feldman has gone fully independent in order to make us stand up and listen to the true extent of his allegations.

In his pay-per-view documentary, My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys, Feldman named the men who were allegedly involved in the abuse of the Two Coreys.

My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys was Feldman’s chance to share his version of events and people were given the option to stream the film online for US$20 or AU$30.53 live at 2pm on Tuesday AEDT, with an encore screening scheduled for 6am AEDT on Wednesday, March 11.

But technical delays and alleged hacking prevented the online screenings, meaning the documentary has only aired at its premiere L.A screening.

Here’s everything we learnt from the explosive documentary.

Listen to the latest episode of Mamamia’s daily news podcast, The Quicky, below. Post continues after podcast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Haim’s story.

Corey Haim, who is the other half of the Two Coreys, struggled with addiction issues from his teenage years up until his death in 2010 from pneumonia at the age of 38.

Haim and Feldman largely bonded due to their shared experience and understanding of Hollywood predators preying on young actors.

In 2007, on their reality show The Two Coreys, the duo said they had been molested when they were starting out in Hollywood.

“That was one of those things that we’d discussed not bringing up,” Feldman told GQ. “And then Haim brought it up anyway.”

corey haim and corey feldman
Haim and Feldman in 1987. Image: Getty.

At the age of 11, Haim was allegedly sexually abused on the set of Lucas. In 2017, actor Dominick Brascia made a claim in the National Enquirer that the abuser was Charlie Sheen, a claim denied by Sheen’s spokesperson.

According to Feldman, Haim begged him to tell his story if he died first.

"Nobody knows what it feels like to constantly console somebody whose life has been ruined by rape." Feldman told Rolling Stone last year, "unless you’ve been there, holding them when they cry, bringing them back to life over and over, stopping them from walking around with a knife."

"I didn’t ask for this. I didn’t ask to tell his story. I didn’t ask for any of it."

ADVERTISEMENT

Read: "He was never able to break that spell." The meteoric rise and fall of child star Corey Haim.

Who does Corey Feldman name in My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys?

Though the documentary did not air online, people who attended its Los Angeles premiere have shared its contents.

Feldman named six figures in the documentary as alleged predators, four of whom he had previously accused of sexual abuse.

He alleged that Corey Haim was raped by Charlie Sheen on the 1985 set of Lucas, when Sheen was 19 and Haim was 13, according to Los Angeles Times reporter Amy Kaufman, who attended the premiere.

EW reporter Rosy Cordero also published the allegations.

"This wasn’t like a one time thing he said in passing. It wasn't like, 'Oh, by the way, this happened.' He went into great detail," a crying Feldman said in the documentary, according to Cordero.

The allegation against Sheen is not new. In 2017, Sheen denied the allegation.

In a statement to news.com.au on Tuesday night, Sheen once against denied the allegations. .

"These sick, twisted and outlandish allegations never occurred. Period. I would urge everyone to consider the source and read what his mother Judy Haim has to say," he said in a statement released through a publicist.

In My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys, Feldman’s ex-wife Susie Sprague and The Lost Boys actor Jamison Newlander said Haim had also told them about Sheen's alleged abuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

The other alleged abusers include Feldman's former personal assistant Jon Grissom, who had small roles in the Two Coreys films License to Drive and Dream a Little Dream, Alphy Hoffman, who owned an 80s nightclub for underage child actors called Soda Pop Club, and Corey Haim's former talent manager Marty Weiss.

Grissom and Weiss have both denied the allegations in the past. Hoffman has not publicly addressed the claims.

Los Angeles Times article confirmed Marty Weiss, Corey Haim's previous talent manager, was sentenced to one year in prison in 2012 for committing lewd acts on a child aged under 14. He was released after six months.

The new names Feldman accused were Alphy Hoffman's late casting director father Bobby Hoffman and former actor Dominick Brascia, who died in 2018.

Strangely, Brascia's name had been linked to the Coreys for a couple of years after he was the first to discuss allegations against Charlie Sheen in 2017.

Brascia told the National Enquirer Haim had confided in him about alleged abuse at the hands of Sheen during the filming of Lucas.

The following day Sheen released a statement "categorically" denying the allegations.

In an unexpected twist, Haim's mother Judy sided with Sheen during an appearance on The Dr. Oz Show, two days after the National Enquirer article was published.

She said she did not believe Sheen abused her son, instead alleging Haim told her it was Brascia.

How to watch My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys in Australia.

My Truth: The Rape of Two Coreys was scheduled to broadcast worldwide just twice as a pay-per-view event, but the first stream experienced technical issues and alleged hacking, which was not resolved in time for the second stream.

ADVERTISEMENT

The cost for access to the documentary was USD$20, which is just over AUD$30.

Feldman shared an email with ticket purchases, promising to get the documentary into their hands no matter what, "if it means my having to send a copy to each and every one of you".

He said in the email he was working to make the film available to stream for a week to any ticket holder, so they could watch it at their own leisure.

Feature Image: YouTube.

For more on this topic:

If this post brings up any issues for you, you can contact Bravehearts (an organisation providing support to victims of child abuse) on 1800 272 831.

If you are concerned about the welfare of a child you can get advice from the Child Abuse Protection Hotline by calling 1800 688 009, or visiting their website. You can also call the 24-hour Child Abuse Report Line (131 478).


Sign up for the "Mamamia Daily" newsletter. Get across the stories women are talking about today.


00:00 / ???